Saturday, January 08, 2005

A Sense of Color

Not too many days fly by that I don't sense a new color. I marvel that I can do this. It may be a Blue-green-yellow or perchance a reddish orange with some blue in it. These new colors are so wonderful. Sometimes they prompt me to purchase a new tube and to try to imitate them. I am not always so eager to implement them into my palette as that though. Sometimes the joy that a new color brings me is of such intensity I cannot find the true inner energy to do anything more than just marvel upon it. I am remembering that within the texts of Homer there is not one mention of the color of the Mediterranean sea. Not one mention of the color we call Blue. I might be privy to colors yet unknown. There may be colors, within my palette that are not known by others, or at least a small percentage, at least today. In art school, I discovered entire sets of new grays, in their color. In practical application, later, in pleinaire I discovered more about the colors I thought I knew.
I could produce familiar colors in new ways, I had discovered new routes to colors, quick and efficient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home