Sunday, May 30, 2004

Introduction to the Book of Half-Truths

I begin with the understanding that ultimately sin, is knowledge ignored. For many years I was intoxicated by the appearance of knowledge beyond my mortal comprehension, ever-filling my own mind. And yet, I did not act, as the effects of the mind-altering experiences that were entirely synthesized were like that unto the act of stepping back from the thin veil that separated me from the Divine Truth. This is so true for the artist, the creative mind. Many artists have attempted, while self-medicated, to bring forth the information and enlightening aspects of the Divine Truth, and many have sounded like a noisy gong, confused and even leading others toward a chaotic experience.

Such is the responsibility of the artist, to allow the flow of the Divine Creative spark without hindering it. This is a Divine truth I ignored for years and years. My passion for the creative gifts have ever-increased since my decision to cast out the intoxicating spirits from my own mind. It was not possible to fully utilize this creative flow, without the taking on of responsibilities, including the avoidance of hedonistic abandon.

In a way, Hermetic teachings illustrate for us the very simple attitude that as mere humans, we all have the potential to render useless the veil. This veil separates us from the realization of what we might actually be capable of, in this lifetime! Those who do not choose the afore-mentioned choice, will never come to this realization. And yet the veil has importance, for without it we would not understand that what we know as the Truth is subject to eternal, continual revision.

I will try and be blunt here, as simplicity is my only signpost for the reader. Many have grasped a seemingly illusive bit of eternal Truth, and written lengthy texts about it, supposedly leading the rest of us on to enlightenment, actually only confusing the truth into a never-ending container of pure dung. Might even I presume to know myself these truths? I answer no, in that like others before me, I have only grasped the outer edges of Truth eternal and hang there, my fingers clutching the very edge of the top of the deepest ravine. When I release my stranglehold of the belief that this world in which I have manifested is in its own entirety, I begin to know that it is nothing more than having a dream while having a dream. I say that as our existence in the 'known universe' appears intentionally finite. And yet, when I let go of my hold to the edge of that which is known to us as the three dimensions of life, I am actually opening my mind to the potential that what I 'know' as Truth, might actually be only a small fraction of the Truth. I do not fall upon my release, for at that moment, gravity, as well as other rules of this third dimension disappears!

As we traverse time and space, we are continuing to accelerate our comprehension of the existence of half-truths, and in doing such we are continuing to expand our conscious contact with our higher natures. I say this in closing, that the next eight years will hold such a change in the resonance of our heartbeats, that our world today, will be as unrecognizable to us as the effects and trappings of our predecessors at the turn of the twentieth century.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home